Who are the best people to talk to in this school about my child’s difficulties with learning/Special Educational Needs or Disability?
Special Educational Needs and Disability Coordinator (SENDCo)
At Siddington C of E Primary School the SENDCO has responsibility for the overall management of SEND in the school. They are responsible for:
- Co-ordinating all the support for children with SEND needs and developing the school’s SEND policy to make sure the needs of these children are being met
- Ensuring that parents of children with SEND are involved in supporting their child’s learning, are kept informed about the support their child is getting and are involved in reviewing how things are going.
- Liaising with outside agencies who may come and support your child’s learning (e.g. Speech and Language)
- Updating the schools SEND register and making sure there are records of your child’s progress and learning needs
- Providing support for other staff in the school so they can help children with SEND in the school to achieve the best progress possible
- Working with class teachers, parents, children and other professionals to write EHC plans
The Class Teacher is responsible for:
- Keeping appropriate records on your child and their progress, which can be used to identify areas of support
- Working with the SENDCo and identifying, planning and delivering any additional help your child may need
- Working with the SENDCo to share and review assessment and progress information
- Informing you of progress at Parent’s Evenings
- Ensuring that all additional adults working with your child in school are helped to deliver the planned work for your child, so they can achieve the best possible progress.
- Work with outside agencies who may offer advice and help to support your child
- Ensure they follow the school’s SEND policy.
The Headteacher is responsible for:
- The day to day management of all aspects of the school, including the support for children with SEND
- Ensuring that the needs of SEND are met
- Keeping the Governing Body up to date about any issues in the school relating to SEND
- Working with the School Administrator and Governors to plan and spend money for children with SEND effectively, monitoring the impact of such spending.
The SEND Governor is Jo Shaw. She will be kept informed of SEND in the school by the SENDCo, Headteacher and the SENDCo’s annual report. She will make sure that the necessary support is made for any child who attends school who has SEND.