A high-quality geography education should inspire in pupils a curiosity and fascination about the world. Teaching should equip pupils with knowledge about diverse places, people, resources and natural and human environments, together with a deep understanding of the Earth’s key physical and human processes.
The geography topics we teach aim to enthuse, engage, enable and excel.
Here are some useful links to support geography learning at home:
Useful ideas to support home learning:
• Visit the beach and explore coastal features
• Look at maps and atlases
• Visit a river and explore its features
• Visit a wildlife park and discuss which countries the animals are from
• Visit a village, town and city and find similarities and differences between them
• Plan and follow a route
• Find a location on a map before visiting