We want to inspire in our pupils a curiosity and fascination about the world. Teaching should equip pupils with knowledge about diverse places, people, resources and natural and human environments, together with a deep understanding of the Earth’s key physical and human processes. Our curriculum drivers support these aims.
The long term plan and progression document can be found below. This details what the children learn in which year, and also how they build on the skills and knowledge that they have.
Here are some useful links to support geography learning at home:
Useful ideas to support home learning:
• Visit the beach and explore coastal features
• Look at maps and atlases
• Visit a river and explore its features
• Visit a wildlife park and discuss which countries the animals are from
• Visit a village, town and city and find similarities and differences between them
• Plan and follow a route
• Find a location on a map before visiting