How can we support you as a parent of a child with SEND?
- The class teacher is regularly available to discuss your child’s progress or any other concerns you may have. They will share information about what is working well and will listen to what may be working at home so similar strategies can be used.
- Support staff working with your child regularly (1-1 daily support) will liaise with you as and when appropriate.
- The SENDCo or Headteacher are available to meet with parents to discuss any concerns they may have.
- If outside agencies have visited your child the school will feed information back to you and share any support or strategies that can be used. Where possible a report will also be supplied
- EHC Plans will be reviewed and planned with you
- Classroom learning will be adjusted to meet the needs of your child and where changes are significant you will be informed. Help will also be given on how to adapt homework and home learning.
- When it is deemed appropriate and helpful a home/school communication book will be set up to communicate daily information.