PE and Sport premium
Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
We greatly value the benefit that physical activity and competitive sport gives to children and aspire to provide as many opportunities for the children to take part as possible.
The government has a vision for sport in this country:
That all pupils leave primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
There are 5 outcomes for primary school:
1. The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
2. The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
3. Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4. Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
5. Increased participation in competitive sport
The DfE provides a budget specifically for sport each year, so that schools can achieve the outcomes and vision.
At Siddington CE Primary School we have assessed our school needs using staff, parent and pupil questionnaires, teaching observations and participation / results in competitive sporting events to plan our spending. Please click on the link below to access our current plans and impact of our sport funding grant.